Student Attendance and Expectations
- Students must using their school Gmail account each day of e-learning before 10:00 a.m.
- The attendance form must be submitted each day in order to meet the requirement for an attendance day.
- The Attendance Officer and Dean will be able to check attendance daily.
- Students are also expected to check in with each class through and begin working on the day’s assignments before 3:00 p.m. This includes P.E., Art, and Strategies. Teachers will have an assignment posted that will require some type of response or submission.
- Teachers will confirm attendance through the work students submit, tracking attendance for each class. All assignments should be completed and submitted prior to the next school day.
- Teachers will be available to respond electronically to students’ questions between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- In addition to Schoology, students should check their HT email accounts regularly.
- Juniors will have an assignment for College 101 to do through Schoology and must check in at least once per week.
- If a student is having technical issues with her/his Chromebook, Schoology, or assigned coursework, please contact Mr. Terrasi, Director of Technology, at jterrasi@.
- Any student who needs a Chromebook device, is having difficulty with internet access, or who needs to access materials from the building should contact Principal Lynch at mlynch@.
- PARENTS – If your student is too ill to work, or there is a technical problem that prevents them from submitting work on time, please notify us as you usually would for an absence through a call or email to attendance@. If we do not receive a notice from you, your student will be marked absent.
Tips for e-learning success:
- Carve out a workspace that is free of distractions.
- Set some routine work times, focusing on the most challenging subjects when you are at your best.
- Don’t be afraid to reach out to teachers with questions.
- If you are given the opportunity, join a conversation or class discussion.
- Finally, watch deadlines for individual assignments so that you don’t fall behind.
- Teachers will post work for each class on Schoology no later than 9:00 a.m.
- Each class should be given an assignment daily that will take approximately 45 minutes to complete and should be meaningful and relevant to the course. Additional ‘中国体彩app官方下载work’ is not expected.
- Assignments should require a response that can be recorded and graded. It may be a discussion board, reflection questions on a video or reading, a formative assessment, a brief recording or video, or some other type of activity that can be submitted or viewed electronically.
- If an assignment, such as a research project, covers multiple days, some evidence of progress should be submitted daily to help students stay on track.
- Students who can document technical issues should be allowed to make up work as an excused absence.
- Each morning, teachers should confirm a list of students who did not submit any work for the prior day.